Effective Date: July 10, 2016
We have the utmost respect for your privacy and will not trade, sell or exchange your personally identifiable information with anyone, except as provided for in this Policy.
P.O. Box 25042
Portland, OR 97298
Collection and Use of Personal Information
Personal information is data that can be used to uniquely identify or contact a single person. You may be asked to provide your personal information when you register as a User (defined below) with the Service and at any other time you are in contact with WedBrilliant. For example, if you submit a form through the Service, make complaints through the Service, or telephone us, you may be asked to provide your personal information. WedBrilliant may share this personal information with its affiliates, suppliers and/or licensors and the employees, agents and representatives of the foregoing, and use such personal information consistent with this Policy.
What personal information we collect
When you register as a user of the Service (a “User”) or otherwise contact us in connection with your use of the Service (i.e., by email, telephone or electronically through the Service), we may collect a variety of personal information, including your name, mailing address, phone number, email address and contact preferences. We will not ask you to provide your social security number. You are not obligated to provide your personal information to us; however, your refusal to provide personal information may result in your inability to use the Service.
How we use your personal information
We use your personal information in the following ways:
- The personal information we collect allows us to keep you posted on WedBrilliant’s latest announcements and other information affecting the use of the Service. For example, if you are a Vendor and your Bid Response is accepted by a couple, we will send you an email notifying you of the couple’s acceptance. We may also use your personal information to send important notices, such as communications about changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. If you do not want to be on our mailing list, you can opt out any time by contacting us via email or post, or by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any formal email communication.
- We also use personal information to help us develop, deliver, and improve our services, the Service content, and any Service advertising, as well as personalize our services offered through the Service.
- We may also use personal information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, processing fee payments, and research to improve the Service, any associated services, and any customer communications.
- We may also use personal information as otherwise contemplated in our Terms & Conditions.
Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
WedBrilliant may also collect non-personal information – i.e., data in a form that does not permit direct association with any specific individual – including without limitation, metadata associated with any images or videos you upload and information about each computer connecting with the Service, such as your IP address, device characteristics, operating system, browser type, type of connection, page and image viewing statistics, and incoming and outgoing links. We do not normally associate non-personal information with any identified person at the time of its collection. However, we may collect such non-personal information as part of your disclosing personal information to us, and such non-personal information could be associated with your personal information under those circumstances. While we reserve the right to collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any purpose, if we do combine or associate non-personal information with your personal information, the combined information will be treated as personal information for as long as it remains combined.
Cookies and Other Technologies
Disclosure to Third Parties
We may disclose your personal information in the following ways:
- WedBrilliant shares personal information with companies who provide services such as information processing, managing and enhancing customer data, providing customer service, and processing credit card transactions. These companies are obligated to protect your information and may be located wherever WedBrilliant operates or otherwise conducts business.
- WedBrilliant may also disclose personal information when we believe that such disclosure is appropriate to comply with law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety.
- WedBrilliant may disclose personal information pursuant to its Terms & Conditions.
- In the event of a reorganization, merger or sale of WedBrilliant, we may transfer any and all personal information we collect to the relevant third party.
Except as otherwise provided in this Policy, WedBrilliant does not provide personal information to third parties for marketing or commercial purposes; however, non-personally identifiable information may be provided to third parties for marketing, advertising or other uses.
Accessing Personal Information
Upon request, we will provide access to an individual’s personal information that we have collected about them, if any (provided that they have given proof of identity). This information can be requested by sending us an email through the email link provided above or by writing to us at the above address. We do not maintain all personal information in a form that can be accessed or updated by you and some items may not be changed (e.g., transaction records). Accordingly, we will determine what may be accessed and how and we may also keep a record of changes (including deletions) and disclose them for lawful purposes. We keep personal information for as long as we think is necessary or advisable and we reserve the right to retain it to the full extent not prohibited by law. We may discard personal information in our discretion so you should retain your own records. Often it is not feasible or advisable to discard personal information (such as commingled personal information), so we reserve the right to retain it but treat it as inactive or discarded.
Correcting/Updating Personal Information
Upon request, we offer individuals the ability to have inaccuracies corrected within their personal information. This information can be corrected by sending us an email through the email link provided above or by writing to us at the above address. Users can also access and change some of their personal information through the Service by selecting the appropriate link on the Service where their current User account information resides.
Changes to the Policy
Please note that this Policy may change from time to time. We will post any Policy changes on the Service and, if the changes are significant, we will provide a more prominent notice (including, for certain services, email notification of Policy changes). Each version of this Policy will be identified at the top of the page by its effective date, and we will also keep prior versions of this Policy in an archive for your review.
We take physical, electronic, and procedural measures to protect personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure while it is under our control. These measures include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures. We offer the use of a secure server and any payments owed as a result of using the Service are transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. We restrict access to personal information to WedBrilliant and its affiliates, suppliers and/or licensors and the employees, agents and representatives of the foregoing who need to know that information in order to provide services associated with the Service. Even so, security breaches and mistakes can and do happen and we do not guarantee the security of personal information.
Third Party Information Provided on the Service
WedBrilliant is in no way responsible for the content on pages that are linked from the Service. We encourage you to review the privacy policies posted on linked sites if you opt to give them your personal information. We will not disclose your information to any of the websites linked to/from the Service.
The Service is not directed at children under age thirteen (13), and children under age 13 are prohibited from using the Service. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under age 13, and if we learn that we have collected such information, we will delete the information.